Johannes Brahms completed his Six Pieces for Piano, Op. 118, in 1893. Originally dedicated to Clara Schumman, the collection was the second to last composition to be published during Brahms' lifetime. It was also his second to last work composed for piano solo. Like Brahms' other late keyboard works, Op. 118 is overall more introspective than his earlier piano pieces.